Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

65? Really???

I use to think 65 was old. But I don't feel old, so I guess I was wrong:-)

For those who get The New Yorker AND get the digital version, there is nothing wrong with your device. I didn't get this until I got the print version today. VERY funny. And the twelve Eustace covers in the digital are WONDERFUL. Worth a year's subscription (and buying an iPad).

For posterity: 65 years ago there were no iPads. In fact there was barely tv. And it wasn't in color. I remember my grandfather taking about holding the reins for his father, a doctor, when he paid a house call. I remember my pediatrician paying house calls, as did my gp.

Tomorrow is actually the beginning of my 67th year. I am blessed by wher I live, by my husband, by my family, by the richness of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment