Search This Blog

Sunday, February 5, 2012

SuperBowl Lull

I succeeded in missing all politics today -- actually I succeeded in missing almost everything today. After a restless night during which I wrote great poetry in my head, but not on paper, it was good to just take a breather. Accomplished little or, dare I admit, nothing.

Annie's post reminded me of a cat that picked me once. We were in Pohnpei and there was a beautiful tortoise shell feral female haunting our office. When we went on weekends we would feed her, took patience and quiet. Then one day she jumped in our truck and didn't make a sound as we drove home. We named her Mrs. Roosevelt as I always wanted to have talks with Mrs. R.. She stayed with us until we left... I still miss her.

My poetry thoughts last night were very simple--thoughts in the moment -- declarative sentences. Inspired by William Carlos Williams. All about seeing what I see.

Do you know that I was graced to meet Conrad Aiken when I was young? He and his wife Mary would come to Wormsloe to have martinis at sunset out on the end of the dock. They were both a bit odd, both worthy of respect.

I don't think I ever saw my mother awed by anyone. The base of privilege. Mitt Romney could have it but he is so controlled by the money people--too bad.. Good for Mr. President:-)

Eyes closing...stream of consciousness ebbing. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment