Search This Blog

Friday, February 3, 2012

No central theme

Tom Lehrer once noted that if you have nothing to say you should shut up. Well, I have nothing to say, but my morning with former AARP colleagues has given me the urge to write. So, be warned: little or nothing of significance here. Sorry Tom.

On Susan Komen/ Planned Parenthood fiasco. Supposedly it's over and all has been returned to the status quo ante. I doubt it. SK is likely to still be under immense political pressure. How terribly sad that we are at a moment in history when an organization with the mission of supporting cancer survivors and research should decide, in essence, to not support low income cancer survivors or victims. For whatever reason. (BTW my guess is that employees of PP are not making a ton of money working for PP.) now my prediction will be another media blitz on how vile PP is because it allows for abortion as ONE of a number of tools for reproductive health.

GOP campaign: we can only hope that the Gingrich / Romney melee continues. Among other things that would support my resolution to watch a minimal amount of brain eating television punditry. Both folks are utterly repulsive to me.

Here's the good news! I am weaving and may actually finish the "Penland Fence" piece that has been resident on my loom, refusing to weave itself. I will post pics when complete. I love weaving--I feel peaceful and as tho my brain molecules have coalesced and settled down when I am weaving:-).

In fact, time for a little dose of weaving therapy right now. Ta all!

No comments:

Post a Comment