Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A good day!

I just got back from a good walk and I feel great. It's chilly out so I dressed warm with that thing that's like a tube of fleece, what is that called? Don't really care enough to figure it out-- I know it worked.

The other really good thing about today is my weaving. I was so frustrated by the "Fence" and my technical sloppiness that I decided to go back to square one and work on technique. I dressed my nice little Cactus loom with a warp about 4" x 8" with the intent of practice, practice practice... It's very satisfying, correcting errors that irritated me about the fence (too thick a weft bundle) and long slits (either plan for them and deal or design them out) and color problems (too much or too little contrast). I'm trying to weave a picture of a ribbon, and I'm now feeling like I will never (bad word for me) weave a large piece again without sampling both color and method. This makes me want to weave and weave and weave....

No comments:

Post a Comment